Monday, January 19, 2015

Practice Blog Post

Who am I? Why do I want to be an educator? What does an educator do in his or her practice? What are my passions?

Outline:
Introduce
talk about home, family, hobbies
how did I get here?
why do I want to be an educator?
what do educators do in their field today?
show what my passions are (volleyball action shots, pictures of crafts I have done)


Hello, I'm Abby Baker!

I am a sophomore here at South Alabama, and much like you, I am in the field of education. I am from Fayetteville, Georgia- about thirty minutes south of Atlanta. My parents Scott and Joely are the best people I know. My dad is a little on the tough side and my mom is the most laid back person I have ever met. I credit them for helping me get where I am today. I am the oldest of three kids…My brother Bryce is 18 and my sister Shaye is 13. Much to my annoyance, people ask me every day if my sister and I are twins.

I play on the volleyball team here, so my greatest passion is most definitely volleyball. I also love doing crafts and getting in touch with my creative side. My main reason of going into the education field is to be able to coach volleyball and make a difference in young students' lives. I have had a great coach who inspired me to bring the passion and knowledge of the game and give it to others when my career is over. Helping students grow into good, even great people is also a passion of mine and I cannot wait to pour knowledge into their young minds.

Last May I traveled to Europe to spend part of my summer there. It was one of the best experiences I have ever had. I visited five different countries in two weeks!


Just a typical phone booth picture in the middle of London…

And enjoying the heat in Rome…

Traveling has become something I am very interested in doing and sharing with others. I can't wait to go back and visit again!

With all these hobbies/passions of mine, teaching my students will become easier due to the wisdom I have gained through these experiences. Educators today produce knowledge in their fields of expertise in hopes of teaching students for their future knowledge. I believe if you know how to gain students attention (in a good way) that they will be willing to learn or produce anything you want from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment